That is entitled to sponsor their spouse, child or partner
It is possible to sponsor your partner, partner or child that is dependent:
- You’re at least 18 yrs old
- You’re A canadian resident, a permanent resident of Canada, or someone registered in Canada as an Indian beneath the Canadian Indian Act
- That you plan to live in Canada when the persons you want to sponsor become permanent residents if you’re a Canadian citizen living outside Canada, you must show.
- You can’t sponsor some body if you’re a permanent resident living outside Canada.
- You’re able to prove that you’re maybe perhaps maybe not getting assistance that is social reasons apart from a impairment
- you can easily give the essential requirements of any people you wish to sponsor
If you reside outside Quebec
To be a sponsor, you need to guarantee to economically look after the people you may be sponsoring for some time. This promise is called by us an undertaking.
You are committed by the undertaking to:
- supplying monetary help for your sponsored loved ones, starting if they become permanent residents
- repaying any provincial social assistance your sponsored family unit members have through that time
Additionally, you and your sponsored family relations need certainly to consent to particular duties through the undertaking period. We call this the sponsorship agreement.
The sponsorship contract implies that:
- you’ll offer for the fundamental requirements of the sponsored family unit members
- the individual you sponsor will likely make every work to guide by themselves and their loved ones users